Do you need a Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP)?

Qualified Environmental Professionals with Maddison Consultants offer the following services:

  • Riparian Areas Protection Regulation Assessments: required by local and provincial government for any development within 30 metres of a waterbody.
  • Environmental Assessment: ecological surveys, ornithological surveys, botanical surveys, biophysical site description, biological reconnaissance, amphibian surveys, and constraints analysis.
  • Wetland classification and delineation.
  • Habitat restoration: assessment, development, habitat balance calculations, restoration implementation, and maintenance monitoring.
  • Invasive species: identification, mapping, management.
  • Environmental monitoring guidance: to support environmental compliance, erosion and sediment control inspections.

The term “Qualified Environmental Professional” or “QEP” is defined by legislation as an individual that is acting under their professional association’s code of ethics and subject to the organization’s disciplinary action. They must have an area of expertise that is recognized in the regulation as one that is acceptable for the purpose of providing all or part of an assessment report for the particular development proposal that is being assessed. They will only be considered a qualified environmental professional for that portion of the assessment that is within their area of expertise, as identified in the regulation. Therefore, each QEP must act within their area of expertise and conduct assessments as individuals or together with other qualified environmental professionals. As such, we work closely with other members of your project team, including geotechnical engineers, civil engineers, septic design, land surveyors, arborists, and contractors to support your project’s completion.

Start typing and press Enter to search

Shopping Cart